What a refreshing experience. Drop in, you won’t be disappointed. Two friends for drop ins, tons of classes, great space, nice people.
Link to the site: http://www.crossfitnassau.com
Things I like:
- Emailed the owner Justin a few weeks before, quick response, totally welcoming.
- Offered a number of rates to fit my drop in schedule (e.g. pro-rated for 4-5 days, Single drop in rate of $20 covered 2 or 3 drop ins.
- Tons of classes AND open gym every day (see schedule below)
- Large facility with Oly and group training areas
- Written warm ups, strength, condidtioning and extra work
- Demos for all movements in class
- Ice breaker during the warm up – simple, what’s your name, what did you do in the blizzard this past weekend.
- Welcoming members, attentive coaches
- EDM, trap, rap. If you’re looking for AC/DC and classic rock, you’re out of luck.
- Asked me personally about injuries
If you’re a slave to Wodify, they don’t use it. We all carry cell phones and are constantly checking Wodify, right brahhh? Don’t sweat it, you’ll live.
There isn’t a shower on site that I noticed, there are lockers and cubbies for your belongings.
The box is on Rt 1, so if you’re going too fast you might miss it, despite their large sign. And, you’re in Jersey, home of the jughandle. Gotta go right to make a left. So, it can be a costly miss if you’re running late. Entrance is on the left.
If you can’t find a class to attend at this box, you really don’t want to get a workout in.
Emails are nice, but not required. Needless to say, don’t drop in if you’ve never been to a Crossfit class before. Otherwise, do it! It’s fun.
Some other drop ins showed up as class was starting and Justin Justincorporated (see what I did there) them into the class. Signing up ahead of time wasn’t necessary, there was more than enough space to train.
Fee: $20. Cash or card (Carry a VISA or Mastercard to be safe). Does anyone carry Discover…and use it?
Deep thoughts. Stay active my friends!