I love protein bars. Mainly because life doesn’t always stop to eat, microwave, prep etc. Shit, I’ve posted a beef jerky bar...what else could you want?
I wanted some dessert last night that I didn’t feel like total crap for eating. A day late and a dollar short, I didn’t get them in the oven at 10p, so I wanted until the AM. Turns out, these little guys were a tasty breakfast treat too.
Some specifics about the items below:
- 2 small cans pumpkin puree
- 3.5 scoops protein
- 4 egg whites
- Mix the dry stuff first
- Mix the wet stuff (except for egg whites) in a microwaveable bowl and melt over 1 min.
- Mix wet stuff thoroughly
- Add egg whites to dry and then the wet stuff and mix the whole mess thoroughly.
- Grease an 8×8 pan and bake at 350 for 40min.
- I broke these up into 2 baking molds for no good reason.
Total kcals: 1,726 or 287kcal / bar.
There’s so many bars you can make, get creativeand share. I’m looking at you for something else to stave off my late night sugar tooth. Thanks in advance.