After a brief stint as part of an internal team at my company, I’m back out in the field. And that means more drop ins…and more t-shirts. I could make a quilt at this point…
Back to Charlotte and thankful to stretch my catchment a little further west of the airport to land at Crossfit Belmont. If you’re in and out of Charlotte, want to get a workout in with a nice bunch of folks and not be a sweaty mess on the return flight, CF Belmont is your answer.
There’s a lot to like about Crossfit Belmont:
- INVITIING staff! I met Mark and Lisa on my two visits to date and they really make me feel welcome, it’s pretty awesome.
- 10min from CLT Airport
- Full locker room
- 2 showers
- Oly and general WOD areas
- Amenable to working on your box’s local programming (in Oly area) – naturally, you need to be mindful of their class activities.
Drop in #1 – 10x100m sprints. Oh goodie!
Drop in #2 – Open WOD 14.4. Remember the 60 cal row, 50 TTB, 40 WB, 30 cleans and 20 MUs…I’d rather not : )
Marc and Lisa have been nothing but awesome each time I’ve stopped in. Not to mention, they give me a little shit, which Iike. And, coaching. Lisa has always been quick to jump in and offer suggestions…which I can always use.
Some additional specs:
- Drop In Info for visiting athlete
- Location – 81 McAdenville Road, Belmont, NC 28012
- Name: Marc Cox
- Phone Number: (704) 426-7286
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FaceBook Page: CrossFit Belmont
- Rates: $10/class.
- Credit cards accepted: Yes
- Online class check in, waiver and payment: No (wodify)
- Showers: Yes
- Lockers/Storage: Yes
- Requires contact from you / home box before attending: No
- Offers discounted rates for multiple days: Unsure.
- Kitchen: No. I didn’t look close enough, next time!
- Services: None that I noticed.
- Food for purchase: None that I noticed
For the traveler – the facility is located in a shopping center that houses a BP gas station. While the station itself leaves much to be desired, you can fill up your rental, reheat some food (they have a microwave) and be back at the airport in 10min. For me, that’s effing efficiency right there.
Sidenote – There’s a part of me that also LOVES that they took over an old Planet Fitness. No more willpower-crushing, pizza-and-chocolate-milk friday parties in that space anymore. I’m not joking. Secretly, you, too, hate Planet Fitness. If you don’t, spend $10 and walk in with a jump rope. I’ll give you 10 min, max, before the general managers informs you that jumping is against policy. If anyone feels like arranging a fitness “flash mob” to cripple a PF with…gasp…burpees…, even for just 5 minutes…like this post.
Happy trails gang. Find your fitness wherever the road leads you.