Sadly, this is an outdated post from before I started SF. But hell, these two places came through for me when I needed a box to get back to normal during a business trip. So, both spots deserve at least a little love.
LAX Crossfit (@laxcrossfit)
If you’re in and out of LAX, this place is a no brainer. Roughly 10 min from the airport at worst, it’s basically located on corner of S La Cienega Blvd and W 120th St, in the back of a small industrial-looking complex. (From the airport, you’d make a left into their lot just before you reach 120th st, traveling south on La Cienega).
Drop in email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Addy: 11944 S. La Cienega Blvd., 90250
5, 6, 7 & 8 AM/PM most days
I’ve dropped in before their scheduled classes and they were really accomodating to my schedule and allowing me to do my home box’s WOD. I know this disagrees with what it says in their drop in policy and, honestly, I was a bad crossfitter and didn’t look closely at this before showing up. So, don’t go saying Phil from SF said you could do your own thing, they clearly spell it out that they prefer you do their programming.
- $20 fee. If you’re looking to do multiple days, send us an email to discuss a personalized punch card.
- Have minimum 1 month CrossFit experience.
- Come a few minutes early to fill out a waiver, or download it, fill it out, and bring it with you.
- No open gym for drop-ins, you must do our scheduled programming.
- No sign-up required, just show up to our scheduled classes. Have a look at the schedule here.
I wish I could say more about the coaches and the members, it was just a little too long ago to remember with my travels. Long and short – I’ve got positive vibes and you should get them too.
Crossfit Beach Box (@CFBeachBox)
Here’s a little gem, located off of Artesia Blvd in Redondo Beach. I was staying with a buddy and his wife (@sarahbeston – she’s got a dominant yoga practice, worth checking out!!) and noticed this place was right around the corner. This place is a little smaller than some places you may have seen, but don’t mistake its size as a shortcoming. I received a ton of attention from Arbiel and couldn’t have asked for a better experience.
Contact: Form email@example.com
Addy: 2415 1/2 Artesia Blvd., Redondo Beach, CA 90278 – The only advice I have is around location, it’s set a little off the main road, behind a small tienda. There are a few parking spots around back.
- I didn’t find a specific link for drop ins, so be sure to drop them a line before going. I was in a tight spot and showed up for a noon class, thankfully the class was small and I received a ton of good attention from Arbiel, the founder.
As always, it’s a pleasure to be somewhere different and find something familar. Don’t be scared of dropping in when you’ve got so many great places to choose from.